SOLD! - 194 Canon Drive, Santa Barbara, CA 93105
SAN ROQUE 1930’S TUDOR – Timeless Historical Beauty
On a prominent corner in the heart of the beloved San Roque neighborhood resides this distinct 1930’s Tudor that has maintained its historical roots while living up to today’s impeccable standards. With fine craftsmanship, the home and manicured grounds have been meticulously maintained.
Steeply pitched roofline, rich hardwood floors, arched doorways, exposed beams, vaulted coved ceilings, and diamond shape pane windows express the essence that defines this exemplary Tudor. Updated living spaces, bathrooms, and a beautifully designed gourmet kitchen with butler’s pantry characterize a home built for today’s lifestyle. Versatile rooms are well thought out and include the potential for a home office.
The formal dining room – with original glass pane sliding doors, opens to the stately formal living room with grand fireplace, sunset facing bay window, and sunny disposition. A large open family room offers a more casual invitation where French doors lead to the outdoor patio area with spa and built-in barbecue – a perfect spot for romantic dining al fresco.
There are two en-suite bedrooms on the first floor, while the master bedroom, newly remodeled bathroom and fourth bedroom are upstairs. Built-ins, walk-in closets, and generous attic storage areas are abundant throughout.
With the upper State Street business corridor nearby, it is an effortless walk to great dining, excellent schools, and plenty of shopping conveniences. Nearby, the 25-acre Stevens Park offers a playground, picnic areas, and scenic trails for heart healthy hikes or peaceful walks beside San Roque Creek.
With a footprint from centuries past, the neighborhoods colorful ancestors included the indigenous Chumash people, historic ranch owners, and “California Gold Rush” dreamers. Today, gracefully curving tree-lined streets weave through the natural beauty of the picturesque neighborhood; community-minded neighbors gather routinely for special occasions at the historic San Roque “Triangle” Park across the street from this memorable property.
- Peabody Charter School attendance area
- Four bedrooms (2 en-suite), three bathrooms (2 w/heated floors)
- Master bedroom w/walk-in closet
- Mahagony doors, California Closet systems, cedar linen closet
- Gourmet kitchen w/stainless steel appliances, built-in coffee system, island w/prep sink, breakfast bar, custom kitchen cabinetry
- Butler’s pantry w/ wine cooler, granite counters, custom cabinets
- Laundry room with washer/dryer
- Backyard terrace, landscape lighting, warm water sink, above ground spa, built-in barbecue
- Cable and mounted televisions included
- Tank-less water heater, water softener, underground utilities
- Andersen dual pane windows in choice locations
- Attached 2-car garage, ceiling and attic fans
- Price: $1,799,000
- Year Built: 1933
- Bedrooms: 4
- Bathrooms: 3
- Nearby Parks: San Roque Triangle Park, Steven's Park, McKenzie Park
- Nearby Shopping: Loreto Plaza, La Cumbre Plaza
- Schools: Peabody Attendance area, SB Jr. High, SB Sr. High