SOLD ! 4030 Sonriente Road - Hope Ranch, Santa Barbara, CA
TO ACCESS THE COMPLETE PHOTO GALLERY, PLEASE CLICK THE “VIRTUAL TOUR” BUTTON ABOVE
This memorable property is a hidden gem on a quiet lane in Hope Ranch’s exclusive upscale community. Known for it’s distinguished history, grand estates and ranches, and graceful living, this home’s ideal location in the heart of “The Ranch”, is an invaluable asset and a rare find. The elegant American classic style residence is situated on a prominent hill with extensive interior vistas, which extend across the Santa Barbara valley, to the San Marcos Pass in the distant coastal Santa Ynez Mountains.
The impressive 2-story residence on approximately 2-1/4 acres is surrounded by luxuriant gardens and orchard. The exceptional setting brings a peaceful and secluded natural ambiance, the perfect environment for a meditative walk, hideouts for adventurous kids, or enjoying a relaxing sunset from the patio overlooking the valley.
The home’s traditional white exterior presents a formal appearance; however, the garden elements and the interior motif provide a tropical Asian-influence perfectly blended to the central coast’s moderate Mediterranean weather. The expanse of glass sliding doors and large windows lets the peaceful exterior setting extend from the garden and lawns into informal entertaining areas for a truly open-air feeling.
With approximately 4,300 sq. ft. of living space, this 4 bedroom, 3-1/2 bath home is ideal for a professional couple, an active family, and even “empty nesters” with extended family needs. The home includes several inviting entertaining areas that include a formal living room with fireplace, formal dining room, and central informal tropical patio with built-in wet bar.
The attached guest wing with a sunny bedroom and multi-purpose family playroom/bedroom is configurable for guests or relatives seeking separation from the main house, or returning nesters needing a private residence. The space can serve as a fully functioning remote office location as well.
The large 2nd story master suite includes a side office for secluded after hours work or reading; the adjacent private deck provides more majestic mountain and Santa Barbara valley views. On the gracious curved stairway, there is a stair-assisted lift for anyone with limitations. Additionally, a welcoming bedroom suite off the living room offers corner garden views.
A semi-professional kitchen with extensive storage is ready for that gourmet cook in everyone, complete with an island of appliances, bar stools, and chair seating for friends to gather and chat.
This esteemed home with rich history and natural beauty welcomes versatility, fine living, and exceptional quality of life, with a coveted address in beloved Hope Ranch.
- Paved Driveway with ample parking for 4+ cars
- Freshly Painted Rooms
- Well-built Garden Tool Shed
- Extensive Exterior Lighting for well-lit property after hours
- Cox Business link with Static IP Address for High Speed Direct Access; Numerous Hookup Links
- Optional Configuration for Independent Private Residence
- Unfurnished, or Furnished “As-is” (Including Furnishings, Bedding, Cookware, Art, other negotiable items)
- Price: $2,945,000
- Acres: 2.25 +/-
- Bedrooms: 4
- Bathrooms: 3.5
- Year Built: 1938
- Security System: Yes
- 2nd Story: Master Suite, Hall Storage, Office, View Deck, Walk-in closet, Master Bathroom (2 sinks, shower, tub)
- Guest Wing: Bedroom, Family Room/Bedroom, Bathroom w/ shower, Kitchenette (sink, microwave)
- Garage: 2 - w/ remotes and upper cabinet storage
- Fireplaces: 2 - Living Room, Guest Wing
- Kitchen: Stainless Steel Dual Ovens, Dual Refrig., 48” Cooktop; Counters, Butler’s Pantry
- Laundry: Washer/Dryer, Sink, Half Bathroom, door to driveway
- Landscaping: Impeccably Maintained - Lawn, Walking Paths, Roses, Orchids, Magnolias, Orchard, Detached Garden Shed
- Orchard: Fig, Lemon, Grapefruit, Mandarine, Lemon, Kumquat
- Irrigation: 24-Station Garden Controller w/ emitters
- Schools: Vieja Valley, La Colina Jr. High, San Marcos Sr. High